UltraClear® Biological Clarifier improves water clarity, cleans water, reduces organic build-up, removes toxic ammonia and nitrite, and removes odors! Fight back against the problems caused by fertilizer run-off, fish and animal waste, dead leaves and grass -- restoring aquatic environments to their natural health and beauty. This environmentally friendly, natural formula is easy to use and safe for fish and wildlife.
Biological Pond Clarifier is entirely composed of two types of beneficial bacteria: chemolithotrophic and heterotrophic. Chemolithotrophic bacteria (nitrifiying bacteria) are aerobic bacteria that transform toxic ammonia to nitrite, then to nitrate. They also consume phosphates, which frequently cause algae growth. Heterotrophic bacteria digest organic sediment and dissolved carbon, converting nitrate into non-toxic nitrogen gas. Combined, these bacteria reduce toxins and nutrients that cause pond clarity issues.
Using Biological Pond Clarifier in the spring will help your pond get rid of ammonia from debris and waste that built up over the winter. As the season progresses, Biological Clarifier maintains water clarity and quality.
How Safe is Biological Pond Clarifier? The bacteria in Biological Pond Clarifier is all-natural, non-toxic and safe for all fish and wildlife. These bacterial species are recognized by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Type Culture Collection (ATCC) as Biosafety Level 1 bacteria, defined as having "no known potential to cause disease in humans or animals."
Application Instructions Biological Pond Clarifier can be used for spring prep, general maintenance, or treating problem ponds. This product can be applied during the seasons when daytime temperature is consistently 50°F or above. Each ounce of Biological Pond Clarifier treats 2500 gallons.
Reducing toxic ammonia
Treat 3 consecutive days, then revert to maintenance dose
Maintaining water clarity
Weekly, or less often as needed
Remove odor, algae growth, etc
2-3 times weekly until fixed, then revert to maintenance dose
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the shelf life? Unopened bottles at room temperature have a 2-year shelf life. Once opened, refrigerate product for up to 1 year.
Is it harmful to humans or pets? It is completely safe and non-toxic, as it simply augments naturally-occurring bacteria populations. Do not drink water with UltraClear in it, just as you would not drink pond water. Do not use UltraClear in potable water.
Is it safe for aquatic plants? It is completely safe for aquatic plants, and can actually improve the health of aquatic plants!